Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Writing and Shopping My Way Through Chicago


Did you know that I absolutely love Chicago? This amazing place is so much more than just a city. There is so much to do and see. While today I am not visiting tourist hubs like Navy Pier or Grant Park, I will be exploring some of the most popular shopping areas in Chicago. Wish me luck!

Spending the day in Chicago is always a treat for me. Today, I discovered just how fast I can walk down the Magnificent Mile. I'll explore the boutiques a little more on the way back to Millennium Station. The highlight of my day is always sitting in Millennium Park with my laptop open and writing until the sun goes down.

Read all about my Chicago shopping trip down the Magnificent Mile!





A close shot of Historic
Water Tower Place
I've seen some pretty amazing sites in the city. I was able to visit the Shedd Aquarium and Museum of Science and Industry last week. Both were very educational, fun and had great food. The variety of entertainment Chicago has is nothing short of amazing.

Walking along the Magnificent Mile has so far been my favorite activity, aside from writing quietly in the park. Even if you are just walking from A to B, there are tons of people to watch. Every few intersections, you can find live performers, most of them are quite skilled. The historic buildings along N Michigan Avenue are beautiful as well and while many of them hold upscale boutiques, you still have the opportunity to run inside and check them out.


Shopping on North Michigan Avenue in Chicago

Inside of Water Tower Place
Look at that glass elevator!
As far as shopping in the city goes, all I did today was window shop. I had the opportunity to go to some of the most talked about malls in Chicago including the shops at 900 N Michigan and Water Tower Place. While the two may seem pretty similar, they both offer very unique shopping opportunities whether you have money or not. My personal choice is Water Tower Place over 900 N Michigan, although 900 has much better dining options on the top floor.

Both Water Tower Place and 900 N Michigan have:

  • Upscale shops like Coach and Fossil
  • Unique boutiques as well as some local chains
  • A wide variety of different stores


Water Tower Place has:

  • Great shopping for children including a Lego Store and American Girl
  • Cheaper boutique options such as Claire's
  • Inexpensive dining options, such as pretzels, as well as upscale experiences


The 900 Shops have:

  • A more sophisticated environment
  • Better wi-fi
  • Fountains and a unique sitting area on floor 3
  • More upscale dining options



Right now, I'm sitting on Level 7 of Water Tower and enjoying a soda until it is time to go. I'll be happy to post some pictures and write more about my adventures in Chicago. Until then, like this page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Theresastravels. I always post where I'm at there first!

No comments:

Post a Comment