Saturday, March 26, 2016

Headed to Tampa for World of Beer Drink It Intern Open Interview!

Today I'm headed out to Tampa to the World of Beer Drink It Intern open interview! I am so excited about having the opportunity to become a WoB intern. I'll post tons of pictures from my journey here and on my Untappd. Learn more about my recent trip to Tampa and my thoughts on the internship interview process :)

This is so exciting!



I've already shown off my Drink It Intern Youtube video on New Inkling's writing blog during an update post, but I'm sharing it below in case you haven't seen it yet.

Not bad for my first Youtube video ;)

The Drive to World of Beer Tampa


One of the things I love about living in Orlando, FL is it's closeness to Tampa. According to Google Maps, I'm about an hour and a half away. It's a straight shot down the highway, so there isn't much for me to photograph along the way. Things should get more interesting  when I get to Tampa!


Before the WoB Interview in Tampa

I knew I would get to Tampa hours before the Drink It Intern interview. This gives me a chance to explore Fowler Street a little more. I might go have a cup of coffee before heading in. The interview is from 2 to 4 p.m., so I have several hours. Expect an update afterwards, before I make the journey back to Orlando XD

World of Beer E Fowler Drive Event

When I arrived, I was really surprised by the lack of traffic and the many available parking spots. I arrived around 1:45 p.m. and interviews were scheduled starting at 2 p.m. I wrote out my paper application and then signed in. (In retrospect, I should have signed in and THEN filled out the application.) 
When I walked inside, I learned where all the event people were. Most had found tables and made themselves comfortable as they waited for their "up next!" text. I found a cozy table and started ordering craft brews.
First up, a Purple Haze and a Black & Blue Flatbread.....
.... Then, another Nitro Milk Stout....
...Last, a Banana Bread Beer.

I was really impressed with the overall selection of beer at World of Beer in Tampa. I thought having the option to order a few brews and socialize before the interview was a nice touch. I don't know if the judges were watching us interact, but if they were I know I totally rocked that part ^-^

WoB Drink It Intern Interview

Because I waited so long to sign the sheet, I had to wait about 4 hours before I was seen. This is fine, because I had beer and the environment was so chill. The problem was, when they called my name, I got so nervous. The judges weren't intimidating, they were really friendly, they just threw a lot of fast balls. I know I paused when they asked me what my favorite kind of beer was, mostly because I would normally just answer "yes" and I didn't want to come off as rude. So, instead, I just said "dark" not sure if that's better or worse actually.

After my interview, I got invited to hang with some cool people and explore some of the local breweries. We went to Angry Chair Brewery and Southern Brewing & Winemaking. I'm working on separate reviews for each of those and will update with links when completed.

Other than some minor issues, I think I did pretty well. Still shaking with excitement, but pretty good. I know I'm going to be glued to my phone for the next two days until they announce who goes on to the next round. Wish me luck <3





No comments:

Post a Comment